How to Record Audio in Windows 11 in 2022 [Two Methods]
Windows 11 does not have a built-in screen recorder, but there are many third-party apps that allow you to record screen in Windows 11 with audio recording, webcam view, etc. But what if you only want to record audio in Windows 11? Well, that’s where Windows 11 didn’t falter and delivered a native Sound Recorder app, which lets you record audio seamlessly. The app lets you choose the bitrate, save the recorded audio in any media format you want, import recorded audio files, and more. That said, check out this step-by-step guide to learn how to record audio in Windows 11.
Record Audio in Windows 11 (2022)
We have added two easy ways to record audio in Windows 11. You can either use the built-in Sound Recorder app or opt for a third-party app like Audacity to record audio on Windows 11. But before you start, don’t Don’t forget to check out our guide to setting up and testing the microphone in Windows 11.
Record Audio with Native Sound Recorder App in Windows 11
In case you didn’t know, Windows 11 comes with a built-in Sound Recorder program that works great and is easy to use. Microsoft only recently updated the UWP-based Voice Recorder app. It has now been renamed to Sound Recorder application and comes with the new design languagein keeping with the aesthetics of Windows 11.
The best part about the new Sound Recorder app in Windows 11 is that it now supports recording in multiple formats including MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, WMA, and more. Not to mention that you can also choose the audio quality, ranging from automatic, medium and best to high. You can also change the recording device (microphone) in the app, which is great. So, to record audio in Windows 11, go ahead and try the native Sound Recorder app. Here’s how to use it.
1. First, press the Windows key and type “voice” or “sound“. Click on “Voice Recorder” or “Sound Recorder”.
2. Then the app will update to the latest version of Voice Recorder. If for some reason it’s still the old app, open this link and update the application via the Microsoft Store.
3. Now launch the Sound Recorder app. In the lower left corner, you can choose the recording device from the drop-down menu. Now you can click on the big red “Registration” button at the bottom to start audio recording. To stop recording, click the same button again. It will have turned into a red “Stop” button.
4. After that, you can simply right click over the recorded audio and open the file location to instantly locate the file.
5. Audio recorded in Windows 11 will be saved in the “user profile -> Documents -> Sound recordings” case.
6. You can also mark audio intervals with timestamps and change the playback speed in the 3-dot menu in the lower right corner.
7. And to change the recording quality in Windows 11, open “Settings” in the application. Settings can also be accessed from the three-dot menu in the lower right corner. Here you can choose the audio format you prefer. So here is how to record audio clips in Windows 11 with the application Tape recorder.
Record audio with third-party app Audacity in Windows 11
If you are looking for an advanced program to record audio in Windows 11, let me introduce you to Audacity. It is ranked among some of the best Windows 11 apps for its long list of features. You can record system sound, audio played through speakers, microphone audio, etc. The best part is that Audacity is open-source, and its use is completely free. So both general users and professionals can enjoy this superb audio recording application. Here’s how to use Audacity to record audio in Windows 11.
2. Once installed, open the audio recording app to learn how to use it. First, next to the microphone icon at the top, you can choose input source to record sound.
3. Finally, click on the red record button at the top. To stop recording, click the gray “Stop” button.
4. Now you can click green play button to listen to the recording. You can also edit audio recording, as well as mix, noise removal, trim, speed change, and more.
5. To save the audio recording, click “File” and choose “Export“. Here, select the desired file format.
6. Choose the folder in which you want save audio recording, And There you go. There are endless possibilities with Audacity, which you can explore in the app. But that’s how you can record audio in Windows 11 using a third-party program like Audacity.
Record Audio in Windows 11 in Two Easy Ways
So there are two ways to record sound in Windows 11. The native Sound Recorder app is great, but if you want more features, you can always go for Audacity. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you are having trouble with the microphone on your Windows 11 PC, head over to the linked guide for an instant fix. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.