how to share location on android phone
Google Maps has a component that allows you to share the area of your Android device with your contacts – colossal hosting for social gatherings in new places.
Help each of your companions get to the party safely by following our guide on the most effective way to share your space using an Android device.
Instructions for sharing your region on Android using Google Maps
You can share your space with any of your contacts, but the interaction is different depending on whether the contact has a Google account or not.
On the off chance that the contact has a Google account
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android gadget. If you haven’t done it correctly, sign in to your Google account.
- Tap the symbol that looks like three vertical lines, located in the upper left corner of the screen, to open the menu.
- Tap “In-Place Sharing”.
- Press “Start”.
- Select how long you need to share your area. You can set a particular number of hours by tapping the + and – buttons, or tap “Until you turn it off” to keep zone sharing on indefinitely.
- Tap the contact(s) you want to share your zone with, then tap “Gift.”
Your contact can now open their own Google Maps app and see where you are on the guide.
Anytime you need to turn off Area Sharing, go back to the Location Sharing menu and tap the “X” next to the person you’ve been communicating with.
In case your contract does not have a Google account
If your contact doesn’t have a Google Account, they won’t show up near your contacts in Google Maps. Whenever this happens, allude to the accompaniment.
- Go through your contacts until you come to the symbol named “Plus”. Tap “More”.
- Tap “Duplicate to clipboard”.
- Tap on the paperclip symbol next to your profile symbol.
- Tap the connection that appears in the center of the screen. This will duplicate it, so you can paste it anywhere.
- Share the connection with your contact using your favorite news app or via email. Every time someone opens the connection, they will be taken to Google Maps, where they can see your area.
It’s also helpful to send someone a notice that you’ve given them your region.
Once again, to exit sharing your zone, tap on “Zone Sharing” in the menu, then at this point tap on the “X” symbol next to the contact(s) you need to leave sharing with of your area.